Posted on August 16, 2006 Comments (1)
Scholarships and Fellowships Resources – science and engineering blogs – science books – science and engineering webcast libraries – education blog directory – robotic leagues, events… – science fairs – café scientifique directory
Education Resources for Science and Engineering
Directory of sites that provide science and engineering education resources for k-12 science teachers including: class projects, lesson plans and summer on-site learning.
- National Science Resources Center (supported by Smithsonian Institution and The National Academies and NSF) – primary science and engineering curriculum for k-8.
- Massachusetts Center for Engineering Educational Outreach – detailed science and engineering related activities and curriculum for teachers.
- Lemelson-MIT InvenTeams – Grants of up to $10,000 support each team’s efforts to help student teacher teams tackle problems with inventions.
- RPI Center for Initiatives in Pre-College Education (CIPCE) – educational materials and k-12 student programs
- MIT Center for Materials Science and Engineering – onsite sessions for teachers and students at MIT
- Project Lead The Way – full engineering course resources for middle and high school, partnerships with 27 universities, participating schools nationwide
- Engineering is Elementary – research-based, standards-based, and classroom-tested curriculum that integrates engineering and technology concepts and skills with elementary science topics. Through interesting engineering design challenges children are invited to apply their knowledge of science, engineering, and their problem solving skills, as they design, create, and improve possible solutions.
- Science in School – European open access journal with articles on: cutting-edge science, education projects, interviews with young scientists and inspiring teachers, reviews of books and other resources etc.
- Maryland Materials Research Science and Technology Center – onsite sessions for teachers and students
- Science Activities Manual: K-8 from the University of Tennessee – curriculum
- Geological Society of America – lesson plans and more for K-12 Earth Science Educators
- University of Evansville, Indiana – 1 week residential camp for high school girls to present career options available with a degree in engineering or computer science and another 3 day program for middle school girls
- Computer Science Unplugged – lesson plans and activities designed to teach the fundamentals of computer science without a computer; from the University of Canterbury in Christchurch New Zealand. Topics include: Binary Numbers, Error Detection, Searching Algorithms and Public Key Encryption.
- The Infinity Project – middle school, high school, and early college engineering curricula
LIFT2 (Leadership Initiatives for Teaching and Technology): professional development for middle and high school (STEM) teachers