Science for Kids
Posted on April 15, 2006 Comments (3)
‘Sciencing’ with kids by Prakash Rao:
Children’s experiences need to be real, concrete and [tangible]. We should never get carried away by just contents and facts. Link experiences to children’s life. Then they will feel a desire to know.
Children are naturally inquisitive. Mainly we need to provide opportunities for them to do what they would do naturally. In previous posts we have highlighted many ways to give kids the chance to learn and figure out how things work.
- Students put Scientific Principles to Use
- Engineering is Elementary
- Science Toys You Can Make With Your Kids
- Science for Middle School Students
- Colorado Science Teacher of the Year
- Science to Preschoolers
- Expanding Your Horizons in Science and Mathematics
- Many more posts for science students and k-12 teachers